How to Auto-Mount Box.net to Linux Desktop

Sam Sebastian sebastiansam55 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:10:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

>     I've found 2 ways, for mounting a box.com filespace on Linux. The
> first, through Nautilus works nice. The second uses devfs2 to mount into
> the filesystem.
>     Has anyone here actually done this? I'm running 12.04...
>

> How to Auto-Mount Box.net to Linux Desktop
> <http://maketecheasier.com/**auto-mount-box-net-to-linux-**
> desktop/2012/03/27<http://maketecheasier.com/auto-mount-box-net-to-linux-desktop/2012/03/27>
> >

> Access box.com (box.net) from your Ubuntu
> <http://dev.modmancer.com/**index.php/2011/12/17/access-**
> box-com-box-net-from-your-**ubuntu/<http://dev.modmancer.com/index.php/2011/12/17/access-box-com-box-net-from-your-ubuntu/>
> >

> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=box.**com+sync+client+for+linux&t=**canonical<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=box.com+sync+client+for+linux&t=canonical>
>

> --
> --- Dave Woyciesjes
> --- ICQ# 905818
> --- AIM - woyciesjes
> --- CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech - http://certification.comptia.**org/<http://certification.comptia.org/>
> --- HDI Certified Support Center Analyst - http://www.ThinkHDI.com/
>             Registered Linux user number 464583
>
> "Computers have lots of memory but no imagination."
> "The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back."
>  - from some guy on the internet.

Being the creator of this program I think I'll just leave this here;
https://github.com/sebastiansam55/boxlinux

It's a terminal program that will download all of your files from Box.com
to a directory that you choose; most of the info is in the README but I'll
just summarize here;

`boxlinux --setup` will set it up and auth you through the box website

`boxlinux -u FILENAME` will upload a file to either the root directory or
with the addition of the `--dir FOLDERNAME` to that directory.

`boxlinux --sync` will download all of the files and folders into the
directory setup with `--setup`
There are also commands for downloading and listing files.

Right now it doesn't check for when a file changes or for when a file is
removed

I'll add in deleting files and folders, also planning to add ability to
make sharable links to files in your account, it was in previous versions
but I recently changed a whole lot about the way the program works. Please
don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or bugs!

--
Sam Sebastian