acer graphics

Ash Wyllie ashw at myfairpoint.net
Sun Dec 2 14:31:10 UTC 2012

My girl friend has an Acer One D255E net book running Ubuntu 10.04 and
the latest version of Firefox.

>From time to time, after 1 to 2 hours, sometimes more, she will get the
following error:

	Ubuntu is running in low-graphic mode.

	Your screen, graphics card and input settings could
	not be detected correctly. You will need to configure
	these yourself.

She has been running this machine for a couple of years with this
behavior starting late summer. Rebooted, the machine runs for a few
hours and repeats.

I would like to stop this behavior but I don't know where to start.
--
                                            -ash
                                            Elect Cthulhu