i386 means...32 bit?

Mika Suomalainen mkaysi at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 17 14:10:12 UTC 2012

On 17.08.2012 04:30, Thufir wrote:
> There won't be dbmail-3 i386 packages:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.dbmail/14365
>

> however, I'm not clear what system I'm using:
>
> thufir at dur:~$
<...>

Try running "lscpu" in terminal. It should tell you, which you are using.

The first two lines are what you need to know, which system you are
using. For example:

```
% lscpu
Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
```

means that I am running 64-bit OS and my CPU supports it.

> When I stop to think about, I thought I was using x486.  I skimmed
>  wikipedia about this, but that didn't clarify things for me.
>

> basically, all 32 bit stuff i386???  Or is that wrong?

Yes

- --
Mika Suomalainen