Sun Java

Jared Greenwald greenwaldjared at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:02:25 UTC 2012

Have you tried the webupd8 java ppa?  They have a readily-installable
version of Oracle Java 7.

https://launchpad.net/~webupd8team/+archive/java

Just run

# sudo apt-add-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
# sudo apt-get install oraclejava7-installer

The package is even setup to set all of your update alternatives so
automatically use the new Java.

Cheers...