can't install ubuntu 11.10 or any other version on my asus x43t

nidhin das nidhindas33 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:40:21 UTC 2012

> while i am trying to boot ubuntu from usb the display not work but i
> can hear the login sound from the speaker. Also i can hear the tone of
> volume up and down key etc..
> i think the problem is related with graphics. i tried almost all the
> linux version on it like mint, ubuntu etc. i can see a linux driver
> file for radeon graphics on amd website. the file with the extention
> of .run. ?i think that the file only work in linux. with out seeing
> the display i can't install these files...

Boot the "alternative" image rather than the stock image. It'll boot
in text mode rather than gui, but it should be enough to get you going
and to install the drivers for your AMD card.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/alternative-download

--
Steve

people suffer from a delusion it is called religi

 i am new to linux. i dont know how to install in text mode. i
download a alternative download file from the page above.. but still
it not work .. plz explain how to install in textmode.. and also i
download a file for graphics card drvier for amd 64.  i also try to
connect a crt monitor to my laptop but still the problem exist.. the
bad thing is that there is no support from asus side.. they are
recommending  windows...