Is nouveau default nvidia driver?

Michael Miles Amiga5 at live.com
Fri Apr 6 00:49:19 UTC 2012

Make sure you have the gcc compilers in and make
Also kernel headers must be in

Blacklist Nouveau used to be a must but I am not sure now

Nvidia has the instructions for install with the drivers
A big plus is you do not have to wait for the repos to carry the nvidia
drivers, you always have the latest and cuda support.

If you run Boinc for seti or gpu grid you will see the big difference gpu
computing makes

handbrake uses the GPU as a co processer for very high speed transcoding

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libva/1.0.15-1