questions about xfce

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 1 20:22:35 UTC 2012

Folks,

I recently installed xfce on one of my systems (ubuntu 10.04 LTS) to see what it
was like. I used the command sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop for the
installation.

I have a couple of questions about some configuration items.

If this need to be asked in a different form please advise.

1. How do I remove the home, trash and file icons from my desktop I tried to
edit a file ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/icons.screen0.rc and changed all the lines
to comments (#  at the start of each line) but the file was rewritten upon restart.

2. How to disable the screen saver lock? I configured it with the lock screen
button unchecked, but that did not work.

Other than those things I like it so far...

Thanks,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley