[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 28 16:11:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:40:53 -0400
Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

[...]
> 	So, you are fine with moderation, but don't want a warm body
> doing it? Or you just disagree with a person being the first line of
> moderation? Hmmm, since AI technology is still being developed, how
> exactly do you propose we do the moderation then?

Allow me to refer you to my second post Re: this subject:

----------
My own experience is that, if a list needs moderation, the list members
themselves will take care of it, either through ignoring the
noise-makers or chastising them.  Failing that, moderation only chases
away the good help, the ones who won't put up with nannies and /good
momma/ moderation.
----------

In view of our unwillingness to police our own areas, how can we
feel it is wise to give that job to individuals?  The 'hiring' (or
appointing) of controllers only gets you more and more controlled.
(there's a related saying about Danes but it is too offensive to repeat)

In all seriousness, I don't particularly care if the list is moderated,
left alone or shut down.  I merely act as Devil's Advocate, seeing that
differing opinions aren't very forthcoming from the rest of the list.

I'm of the opinion that, if the list stops being what I want it to be
/for me/, I'll be on my way to another.  I'm not bound either way.

To both the list as a whole and the CC, in particular:
As I am first and foremost a staunch believer in personal freedom,
please do as you wish.  I only present options for your consideration.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs