[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list - clarifications

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Sep 28 13:38:24 UTC 2011

On 28 September 2011 14:20, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> If one really seriously thinks about this, what Alan stated, "At the last
> Community Council meeting (and on at least two occasions on the past 2
> years I've been on the Community Council) it's been suggested that
> this list should be shutdown for good..." is more than indicative of the
> attitude that Canonical's "Community Council" has towards its users.

The Community Council is not staffed only by Canonical employees. It's
the Ubuntu Community Council. But lets not let facts get in the way of
a good conspiracy though.

> cannot help wondering for how long it was mooted by the "Council" to
> shutdown Sounder?

It wasn't mooted by the council. It was suggested by individuals. We
discussed it and came to the conclusion (for both lists) on multiple
occasions not to shut them down.

> ".....and on at least two occasions on the past 2 years...".
>
> And all this time people were made to believe that their interests were
> being looked after and promoted by Canonical's "Community Council" when
> 'they' were plotting all the time to shutdown this venue.

Nope. Not true. Take the tinfoil hat off, it doesn't suit.

Cheers,
Al.