VLC image - voice delay

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 01:35:10 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 06:21 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 27/09/11 09:21, Hernan Saltiel wrote:
>> Hi Ric!
>> This is happening with most of my AVI files.
>> The same files were working great with VLC just before the upgrade.
>> I think it's solved now...I tried with Banshee, and it worked. Then I
>> tried again with VLC, and it worked not. Then I rebooted, and now
>> everything is working just fine.
>> Mysteries of life...
>> Thanks!
>> Best regards,
>>
>> HeCSa.
>>

> Which vlc are you running - the one from ubuntu repos or the one from
> videolan itself? I have always had problems (eg, with vlc not even
> working) with the ubuntu vlc. Go to videolan.org and use the 1-click
> install and install their version.
>
> BC

Why? VLC (natty and maverick from the repos) works just fine for me:
$ apt-cache policy vlc
vlc:
  Installed: 1.1.9-1ubuntu1.3
  Candidate: 1.1.9-1ubuntu1.3
  Version table:
 *** 1.1.9-1ubuntu1.3 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty-updates/universe
i386 Packages
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty-security/universe
i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.1.9-1ubuntu1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty/universe i386
Packages

$ apt-cache policy vlc
vlc:
  Installed: 1.1.4-1ubuntu1.7
  Candidate: 1.1.4-1ubuntu1.7
  Version table:
 *** 1.1.4-1ubuntu1.7 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick-updates/universe
i386 Packages
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
maverick-security/universe i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.1.4-1ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/universe i386
Packages