Nvidia driver problem

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 26 11:46:53 UTC 2011

On 26/09/11 19:16, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 09/26/2011 03:21 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> As NoOp, I believe, pointed out, one can only create the xorg.conf file
>> once you have the driver from nVidia site installed and not the
>> fiddled-with driver from the ubuntu repo because no xorg.conf is auto
>> created now.
>
> Some time back he posted his xorg.conf file. It noted VESA as the
> driver. Ergo, he has one. Somewhere.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think there is command line
instruction which will create a very basic xorg.conf file but which does
not reflect what is actually installed on the system. But here my memory
fails me....I don't remember what that command line is :-( .

[pruned]

> <slaps forehead> I should have had a V-8. <chuckles> Ric

Or bought one as a gift...... 8-) .

BC

--
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
                                 Sir Winston Churchill