U11.10 Screen Refresh Rate

Koh Choon Lin 2choonlin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:12:11 UTC 2011

Hi

> --------
> $ xrandr
> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 1024
> VGA-0 connected 1280x1024+0+0
>   1280x1024      60.0*+   75.0
>   1280x960       60.0
>   1152x864       75.0
> --------

> @OP again, out of interest why do you want to change the rate?

I found that higher rate is better for me visually. From my xrandr
output above, my ATI card can support 75Hz rate but its running at 60
now. Indeed, I can xrandr it to 75 now but the setting would be gone
on the next reboot.

By the way, any suggestion on which startup script would be best to
place the xrandr command, ie. rc.local, Xsession, etc?

--
Regards
Koh Choon Lin