New motherboard Biostar A780L3L CD-ROM DRIVE Connection???

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Sat Sep 24 18:30:32 UTC 2011

>Guess I am out of luck on using it the way I had it prior...

Yes, computer equipment evolves rapidly. You're lucky to even have a floppy
controller on that board - many new motherboards do not have them now.

Because hard drives can fail as time goes by, and because IDE can be slow,
you're better off replacing the IDE drives with faster SATA drives.

Many SATA drives are energy efficient so use less power. IDE cables are bad
for air flow within the case.

I'm sure it won't be long before the IDE connector is gone from future
motherboards...