DVD/CD cover or label

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri Sep 23 20:25:50 UTC 2011

On 09/23/2011 06:26 AM, Pop Horea-Vasile wrote:
> Hello,
> can you write me a name of a soft that can help me to make DVD cover ?
> Thank you !

The question is whether you want to write on the CD/DVD, or whether you
want to make an envelope to put the disk in.
If you want to write on the disk, there is now color LightScribe.
(There has been monochrome Light-Scribe for a couple
of years now.)  You need special disks for that.  There are also some
programs (for Windows, at least) that will print on
the surface of the disk using an ink-jet printer with a straight-thru
path.  To make a label for an envelope, there may be
some specialized s/w for Linux; I'm almost sure there is something for
Windows.  But you could use GIMP, in both cases,
if no dedicated s/w exists.  I think some attention to Google would help.

--doug