Kubuntu 11.04 : wireless repeatedly disconnecting after a few seconds

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 06:22:56 UTC 2011

On 09/23/2011 01:42 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 23/09/2011 05:04, Ric Moore a écrit :
>> Ah you compiled Network Manager under Slackware, but installed the stock
>> NM package in Kbuntu, which you now have problems with?? Ric
>
> Yes, that's it. In fact, I was quite happy with Slackware, except for
> one thing. It's too much work to maintain. So now I'm looking for a
> distribution that could make the job easier for me, while providing
> approximately the same quality. So far, Ubuntu (10.04 LTS for servers
> and Kubuntu 11.04 with KDE 4.6.5 from PPA) looks like a good candidate.

Sounds good. I love KDE, so that unity business doesn't touch me at all.
The reason I'm asking about NM, some users are not using it at all for
wireless. Since I'm totally "wired" it doesn't stick in my head the
program people switch to. I hope someone will chime in and rescue the
situation and offer it up for you to try.

Ah... just cranked up synaptic and used wireless in the search bar
...wicd is what people report working better than Network Mangler. But,
I'd get a couple how-tos from the group before hitting the red button.
Or, search the archives as it has been commented on endlessly on this
list. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html