Thunderbird/gmane?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 18 23:53:41 UTC 2011

On 09/18/2011 02:33 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> On 09/18/2011 01:37 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>
>> One other note: with gmane.org you don't need to use the 'Reply to List'
>> button. That actually sends a reply to both 'gmane.linux.ubuntu.user'
>> and ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com. Instead, right-click on the bar that
>> shows ''Reply to List' and select 'Customize'. Then drag the 'Reply'
>> button to the bar. Now when you reply to the list via gmane.org, you
>> only need to click on the 'Reply' button and the response will only go
>> to gmane.linux.ubuntu.user.
>>

> Does this mean you are seeing my messages twice? I'm not here. I don't
> have a Reply to List button.  All I have is reply - forward - archive.
> However, in addition to the from & subject lines I have to:
> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com and newsgroups: gmane.linux.ubuntu.user
> lines. Is that normal or is that the problem?
No. I only see your message once; most likely due to you not having a
'Reply to List' button. Odd, we are both using the same Gecko/20110902
Thunderbird/6.0.2 and mine only had the 'Reply to List' button. Maybe
something in my profile as I test multiple versions of TB & sometimes
I'm too lazy to change the profiles. I'll check on the other machine.