[OT] - Netflix

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Sun Sep 18 23:06:03 UTC 2011

Juan wrote:

>I have 2GB RAM, 3GHz Intel PIV HT. 80GB HD. VirtualBox worked well but
>slow refresh rate on the Silverlight stream.

3GHz is a decent speed cpu, but some sites mention requiring multiple cores
and a larger amount of ram to get good playback speeds.

Dual-booting would give you the speed, but if you don't have that ability...

Nothing I could find suggested there is a way to watch Netflix in linux,
except for a couple of exceptions: embedded systems that contain a DRM chip,
and Google's Netflix plugin for ChromeOS.

I've never tried ChromeOS, but I'm curious of anything from Google so
someday I will.