Is it possible change 11.04 program list as 10.10?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 17 23:09:40 UTC 2011

On 09/17/2011 04:03 PM, Rashkae wrote:
> On 09/17/2011 06:53 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On 09/17/2011 02:55 PM, Koh Choon Lin wrote:
>>>
>>> Just FYI, 11.10 is releasing next month and there would be no more
>>> "Classic" desktop, unlike 11.04.
>> Sure there is. You just need to install it.
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback
>>
>> <http://www.webupd8.org/2011/08/installing-using-classic-gnome-desktop.html>
>>
>> I currently have it running in 11.10 in VirtualBox.
>>
> The gnome shell fallback is a poor excuse to replace Gnome 2, with the
> applets gone, and no ability to customize the 'panels'...If you don't
> wan to use either Gnome shell or Unity, you would be much better off
> installing XFCE as a gnome replacement.

You mean like Linus? :-)
<https://plus.google.com/106327083461132854143/posts/SbnL3KaVRtM>
<quote>
Linus Torvalds - While you are at it, could you also fork gnome, and
support a gnome-2 environment?

I want my sane interfaces back. I have yet to meet anybody who likes the
unholy mess that is gnome-3.
Jul 26, 2011
</quote>