Trying other linux programs

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Fri Sep 16 11:35:27 UTC 2011

Jon Anderson wrote:

> I've just downloaded Multisystem which is a program to to multiboot
> off a thumb drive ,I think to start off I'd like to try out a bunch
> of smaller profile Linux programs .I have downloaded Puppy linux and
> would like suggestions on what other ones I should try. I can
> probably put a dozen linux programs on this thumb drive, Like to try
> them all but I have to start somewhere so anyone suggestion for
> smallish programs would be appreciated.

Are you after programs (pieces of software run atop an OS for doing
things, stuff like web browsers, text editors and video players) or
distributions (Operating Systems which give programs something to run
on by providing them with relatively easy access to the hardware
underneath)?

And, either way, are you looking to get anything in particular out of
this, or are you just after variety?

--
Avi