Trying other linux programs

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 01:38:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 17:47, Jon Anderson <jbander at izoom.net> wrote:
> I've just downloaded Multisystem which is a program to to multiboot off a
> thumb drive ,I think to start off I'd like to try out a bunch of smaller
> profile Linux programs .I have downloaded Puppy linux and would like
> suggestions on what other ones I should try. I can probably put a dozen
> linux programs on this thumb drive, Like to try them all but I have to start
> somewhere so anyone suggestion for smallish programs would be appreciated.

www.distrowatch.com is a good place to look...

And forget about "trying them all" you'll never be able to do that ;-)
 you CAN hit up most or all of the major or more popular ones... but
there are countless distros out there, some of which are real separate
distros, some which only differ from their parent by a few packages
and colors.

Also, DSL and #!crunchbang (#!crunchbang is larger than the common
micro-distros, but smaller than the full ones.  I used to run it on my
netbook).