[OT] - Netflix

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Wed Sep 14 13:49:41 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of NoOp
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:44 PM
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [OT] - Netflix

Not sure why you are replying to Hunter with pokes at my responses.
You'd have been better off replying to my post instead.

That's not me.

Maybe it's the fact that you are using MS Outlook...

On 09/13/2011 08:06 AM, compdoc wrote:
>>None of my systems use qemu-KVM

> So you know nothing about it.

Actually I do. My chipsets don't support it. You do realize that
quem-KVM is a hardware base virtualization method... right? I (NoOp)
stated that I use VirtualBox and VMWare (Player) instead.

>>Because I'm not sure just what you want explained.

I wrote that.

> I was responding to NoOp, but you sound as though I was responding to you.
> Are you the same person?

I am in this post, but the person you replied to (Hunter Poe) is not.

> You do sound a lot like NoOp - you say things without explaining them. If
> you don't use qemu-KVM then what do you use? And how is the video
> performance, and how much ram is required?

You can start here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VirtualMachines
and here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_machine
  http://www.virtualbox.org/
  http://www.vmware.com/
   http://www.vmware.com/virtualization/what-is-virtualization.html
    http://www.vmware.com/products/player/overview.html

> Why not educate us rather than act like you're the only person who knows
how
> it all works?

Because you stated "A windows virtual machine typically uses RDP or VNC
to view the desktop" indicating that you know how it all works. This
isn't a tutorial forum, and I don't mind helping (check my posting
history), but I do mind when advise is provided that is completely
incorrect. And then you reply:

> Surprised you didn't know - qemu-KVM uses VNC on the console, or you can
> access with RPD. I think Xen is similar. This is typical, as I said. I
> didn't say this was the only way.

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: