Logitech c910 HD Webcam?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:38:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 15:20 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 06/09/11 12:04, Ric Moore wrote:

> >> Extraordinary.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the lead, compdoc.
> >> The vendor (logitech) steered me away from looking; I was foolish for
> >> allowing myself to be put off so easily. A Google search found lots of
> >> information, including people who are saying this particular camera
> >> works with Ubuntu, straight out of the box.
> >>
> >> Sounds like it might be time to consider breaking open the packaging.
> >> But I'll sleep on it first  :-)
> > If you don't stare hard at it or blow on it, it won't break. Everything
> > I've gotten from Logitech lately tends to be broken easily. But, then
> > again, to be fair, no one builds the likes of a Teletype 43 any more
> > either. Just make sure you keep your receipt or can get your hands on it
> > when the tinsel USB wiring decides to automagically part itself. :) Ric
>

> I am forming the distinct impression that you are as impressed and
> supportive of Logitech products as I am about that idiotic application
> called pulseaudio.
>
> Am I correct in what I deduce O:-) ?

You're catching on, Basil. With me it's a personal vendetta with
Logitech. But, I bet if you flew me down under I could get pulseaudio
working on your machine. That's the diff, one is busted, the other
(pulse) has hope. <grins> Ric

p/s save the price of my airfare... do a backup of important stuff (but
NOT your ~/ dot-files, and do a clean/fresh install. I'd bet pulse would
work like a charm for you. (as it does for me <smirks)
Linux user# 44256