Logitech c910 HD Webcam?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 6 05:20:56 UTC 2011

On 06/09/11 12:04, Ric Moore wrote:

>>> Do you use the camera with Skype? Websites I found mentioned this camera
>>> works with skype and zoneminder on 10.04.
>>>

>> Extraordinary.
>>
>> Thanks for the lead, compdoc.
>> The vendor (logitech) steered me away from looking; I was foolish for
>> allowing myself to be put off so easily. A Google search found lots of
>> information, including people who are saying this particular camera
>> works with Ubuntu, straight out of the box.
>>
>> Sounds like it might be time to consider breaking open the packaging.
>> But I'll sleep on it first  :-)
> If you don't stare hard at it or blow on it, it won't break. Everything
> I've gotten from Logitech lately tends to be broken easily. But, then
> again, to be fair, no one builds the likes of a Teletype 43 any more
> either. Just make sure you keep your receipt or can get your hands on it
> when the tinsel USB wiring decides to automagically part itself. :) Ric

I am forming the distinct impression that you are as impressed and
supportive of Logitech products as I am about that idiotic application
called pulseaudio.

Am I correct in what I deduce O:-) ?

BC

--
Bob Hope's wife: "Where would like to be buried when you die?"
Bob Hope       : "Why don't you surprise me!"