I Was Wondering???

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 17:55:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 12:50, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
> On 09/04/2011 07:03 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> 2011/9/4 Chris G<cl at isbd.net>:
>
> /snip/
>>
>> I tend to think sometimes that everyone use GMail, or similar. GMail
>> hides quoted text and replace it with a link that says something like
>> ”View quoted text”, which can be clicked if you want to see it. I
>> guess not everyone has that feature available, so maybe I (and others)
>> need to think about that some more and delete unnecessary text, like I
>> did this time but not always. Sorry for that.
>>

>> Kind regards
>>
>> Johnny Rosenberg
>> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ
>>
> Why not can gmail altogether.  Its idiosyncrasies are forced on you, just as
> if it came from Microsoft.
> Just stop using it and use Thunderbird, or KMail.  You *do* have a choice,
> make it!
>
> --doug
>

> --
> Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
> --A. M. Greeley

I recently switched all my email (personal (4), business (6)) over to gmail.
I even switched to the gmail interface online - from Thunderbird.
Its the same for this as for switching from Windows to Ubuntu - its a
different mind set. Be willing to change to how it does it - not conform
it to how you are used to doing it.

Wade

Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606