some Unity configuration issues

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:34:35 UTC 2011

On 27 October 2011 11:20, Adam Funk <a24061 at ducksburg.com> wrote:
> I tried to approach Unity with an open mind this morning, and I'm
> impressed with some things (especially being able to use LWin and a
> number shown on the launcher --- that alone would save me quite a bit
> of wasted time moving my hand to the mouse and back), but I'm unable
> to figure out some basic configuration problems.
>
> I have two monitors side by side.  The launcher appears on the LH side
> of the RH monitor.  How can I move it to the LH side of the LH monitor
> (or the RH side of the RH monitor, for that matter --- or anywhere but
> in the middle)?

I think that must be a bug.  For me it always appears at the LHS of
the LH monitor, whether the laptop is the left hand or the right
(though I am using unity-2d so maybe it is different in 3D).  I
believe it is configurable via ccsm (if you are not using 2d).
Perhaps you have installed ccsm and changed it without realising.

For me I think it would be better in the middle as it is less distance
to move the mouse to get to it from the RH screen, but I have to use
2D so I do not think I have a choice.

Colin