Empty directory not getting deleted in external harddisk

Linux Tyro ubuntu.bkn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:19:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

There has occurred an strange problem and I am encountering this problem for
the first time. In my external hard-disk which when I connect in Ubuntu a
folder is not getting deleted at all. Again I plug in usb hard disk and find
that some few file(s) (namely 'databases' get created inside that directory
and these all I delete but finally the main empty directory still exists and
I don't know how it got created.

how could it be permanently deleted?

--
Two atoms are walking along. Suddenly, one stops. The other says, "What's
wrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"