ubuntu 11-10 [hijack] vbox guest addition + unity3d

sktsee sktseer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:58:18 UTC 2011

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 19:10:47 -0700, NoOp wrote:

[snip]

> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.virtualbox.user/2733
> [[Ubuntu 11.10] Lost Unity Launch bar & top panel
> w/vboxadditions_4.1.4_74291]

Apologies for thread hijack, but I wanted to suggest a solution to the
Vbox guest addition + unity issue.

The problem is that the current PUEL version is not aware of the new
multi-arch filesystem layout of the system libraries in Ubuntu/Debian.

Create the following symbolic link for 11.10 32-bit guest then reboot.

$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri /usr/lib/dri

I don't have the 64-bit version installed, but I think the following
should work:

$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri /usr/lib64/dri

AFAIK, this issue is fixed with the Ubuntu supplied version and in the
latest OSE trunk.

--
sktsee