Downloading in Firefox stuck

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Thu Oct 13 16:27:38 UTC 2011

Colin Law wrote:

> I am trying to download Oneiric iso in Firefox 7 and it has stuck at
> 478 of 695MB. I wonder what to do now.  I have limited bandwidth so
> don't want to start again unless necessary.  I have waited an hour but
> nothing is happening.  FF is still going ok, it is just the download
> that has got stuck.

If your bandwidth is limited, your best bet is probably to either
download it over bittorrent for the reliability and speed, or wait until
the rush is over (give it a few days), by which point you'll be able to
get more reliable HTTP connections to the various HTTP mirrors.

In fact, bittorrent is almost always the fastest and most reliable way
to get it, especially immediately post-release.

--
Avi