Virtual box latest version?

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 16:20:55 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Peter Hillier-Brook <phb at hbsys.plus.com>wrote:

> On 01/10/11 15:27, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> [cut]
>
>  That's the problem it says I am running 4.0.12 r72916 and when I click
>> on 'check for updates' it says I have the latest version. How did you
>> get 4.1.2 r73507? Did you install it manually or was it an update from
>> some 4.0 version?
>>
>> Regards, Jim
>>
>> Jim,
>>

> I had the same problem and it seems that the change from 4.0.xxx to 4.1.xxx
> is viewed as a version change, rather than an update. This means that you
> need to select 4.1 in Synaptic, from where you will be advised that this
> means un-installing 4.0. After that you're off to the races:-)
>
> Peter HB
>
> Jim
Sorry - I should have been more clear. Peter is correct. Synaptic will offer
the choice of installing 4.1 and will (as a part of that installation)
uninstall the 4.0 release. I installed it from Oracle's site, but synaptic
has the 4.1 build as well. I had mine installed before finding it in
Synaptic and wanted the latest release on the initial install of 11.04.

Regards

Jack