Ubuntu loosing its popularity

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:24:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:36, Art Edwards
<edwardsa at icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:
> Interesting that you brought up push button drive. That ended up being a
> gimmick that was dropped a few years later by all the major auto makers.
> I had a 1963 Dodge Dart with push button drive. Not a great innovation,
> really. IMHO, either is the dock in Unity.

Only because the shifter on the stalk and in the console were "more
familiar" and not as strange.  However, if you notice today's vehicles
are slowly coming back to push button drive.

There's been push-button AWD/4WD for some time now, and high end and
even some lower end cars are coming with push-button or spinny-knob
automatic transmissions.

So really, if you're saying that Unity is the Push Button Automatic,
well, then it will eventually become accepted.