xfce weather applet

Mike Kupfer m.kupfer at acm.org
Sun Nov 27 23:36:12 UTC 2011

Art Edwards wrote:

> >> Lionel Le Folgoc (mr_pouit)
> >> November 18, 2011
> >>
> >> Just to clarify a possible misunderstanding, the xfapplet-plugin was
> >> removed in Debian, and Ubuntu at our request: itΒ’s unmaintained and it
> >> only supports GNOME2 applets, so it blocked the GNOME3 transition in
> >> Debian; in Ubuntu, gnome3 is more or less in oneiric, so it was
> >> removed as well
> > mike
> >
> Who is the /we /in that post.

I don't know.  I assumed it was either the Xubuntu team or the xfce
devs, but you could ask Lionel for clarification[1].

> It's as if Cannonical wants to make it difficult to avoid their new
> interface.

I suspect it's more a question of whether xfapplet would still have been
useful if left in Oneiric.

mike

Footnotes:
[1]  Googling gives me http://lionel.lefolgoc.net/, which has contact