Hover over music icon does not play

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 14 20:17:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:08:24 -0600
CJ Tres wrote:

> Doug, did you perhaps install Thunar?
> I did a week or so ago and then removed it yesterday. This morning I
> found the hover/play functionality had returned.

When I try to remove Thunar I am told it also wants to remove xfce4* and
xubuntu-desktop, which I use.  How do I just remove Thunar so that I can
have the full functionality of nautilus?

This seems to be yet another case of dependencies being wrongly set up.
Yes, there's a case for saying that xubuntu-desktop might require Thunar,
if that's how the developers want it, but why should !Thunar require
!xubuntu-desktop?

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber