Hover over music icon does not play

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 21:54:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:17:43 +0000
R Kimber <richardkimber at btinternet.com> wrote:

RK> When I try to remove Thunar I am told it also wants to remove xfce4*
RK> and xubuntu-desktop, which I use.  How do I just remove Thunar so
RK> that I can have the full functionality of nautilus?
RK>
RK> This seems to be yet another case of dependencies being wrongly set
RK> up. Yes, there's a case for saying that xubuntu-desktop might
RK> require Thunar, if that's how the developers want it, but why should
RK> !Thunar require !xubuntu-desktop?

xfce and xubuntu-desktop are meta-packages which are used to pull in all
the components of xfce4. Thus if you remove one of those components,
then that meta-package is not complete and so should be removed.

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |