Minor glitch in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS: artefacts in OpenOffice

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Nov 9 10:06:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm very satisfied with my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS desktop. Only "bug" I've
found so far is a series of strange artefacts found in OpenOffice's main
menu. Here's what this looks like:

* http://www.microlinux.fr/images/artefacts.png

Any idea how I can get rid of this ?

Another somehow related question. Since my main interest is stability, I
wonder if it's a good idea to replace OpenOffice in Ubuntu 10.04 by some
stable version of LibreOffice from a PPA.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr