Why make things difficult?

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Thu Nov 3 00:31:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 23:34 +0100, massimo sandal wrote:
> Have you read Inkscape's tutorials and documentation?
>
> I am quite baffled by your difficulties because Inkscape is almost
> *trivial* to use. I have seen kids using it productively without help.
> Perhaps you simply need to read a bit to figure out the basics.

Yes I have read the tutorials. I have mot read the whole manual. I just
have to draw lines, boxes with rounded corners and circles and
triangles. I am good with everything but the triangles.

It looks like I can not make a right triangle at all. I think I know how
to make an equilateral triangle but I have to eyeball the sides because
it wants to have a vector in the middle of a side and it wants
everything symmetric.

It is not intuitive.

I am having a similar problem with Xera Extreme but at least they have
triangles. Inkscape uses lower right corner, and Xera uses center of the
object for placement. So I have a spreadsheet.

Kip