Force windows to maximize on open

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:44:17 UTC 2011

On 2 November 2011 11:45, Séamas Ó Brógáin <sob at iol.ie> wrote:
>> In Unity-2d to stop a large window from being automatically maximised:
>> gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/metacity/general/auto_maximize_windows false
>
> Thanks, Colin. That seems to work, but not for Firefox (7.0.1). Does
> Firefox do its own thing, I wonder?

It works ok for me on FF7.0.1.  If I expand FF to fill most of the
screen then close FF down and re-open it it comes back as the same
size.  Try disabling any addons you have installed in case it is one
of those causing he trouble.  I have left enabled the Global Menubar
integration and Ubuntu FF Modifications addons.

Colin