led vs. lcd monitors

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Wed Nov 2 05:15:18 UTC 2011

I have been teetering on the edge of upgrading a 4x3 monitor to a 16x9.
Today I was in Staples, and looked at about 5 brands  of 23"
monitors, which included both LCD and LED  I definitely got the
impression that the LED monitors were not as sharp as the LCDs.
I wonder if this is just  a poor sample, or if this is actually the case
across the board.  (It  would seem that LCDs are on the way out.
They're certainly cheaper.)  What is the consensus?

--doug