Play music through Skype

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Sat May 28 01:20:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Methinks that you ought to be aware of this:
>
> The post-acquisition outage.
>
> Skype issued a manual workaround on Thursday to resolve a glitch that
> prevented mostly Windows users from logging in.
>
> The VoIP company, which Microsoft has agreed to pay US$8.5 billion for, gave
> instructions on how to resolve the log-in problem by deleting a “shared.xml”
> file.
>
> “This predominantly affects people using Skype for Windows,” its advisory
> stated
> <http://heartbeat.skype.com/2011/05/problems_signing_into_skype_an.html>.
> Similar instructions were given to Mac OS X and Linux users.

It also affected Linux.

A couple of days ago my Skype (on 10.10/64) began to crash repeatedly
until I found the workaround an deleted the “shared.xml” offender.

By the way, lately, more than once, I got my OS completely crashed
while in a Skype call. Except for the blue screen, it looked like I
was running Windows.

L.

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.