Wubu and minimal cd

Chaitanya technocp at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:38:22 UTC 2011

its not about partitioning but is all about partition management that is
looked after by Wubi. Wile installing with Wubi we need not manually create
or manage our partitions. As far as restarting the system is concerned we
surely need to restart the machine there is not other way out apart from
using any virtualization technique. And one more thing the person who have
posted the question seems to be knowing the concept of live CD.

Chaitanya

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:

> On 05/27/2011 04:50 AM, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
>
>> Running Ubuntu in a VM or in a second partition doesn't fit my
>> requirements. I guess I'll have to a full monty on the desktop version.
>> But I'll install a minimal version in a VM first, to have something to
>> compare with.
>>

> I'm not sure I completely understand it, but the one time I tried Wubi as
> an install method the only difference I could see between it and a standard
> dual boot install was that it used the Windows Bootloader rather than Grub.
> It still repartitioned the hard drive. There was no "Kubuntu" button on the
> Windows desktop, or Windows button on the Kubuntu desktop. I still had to
> restart my machine to go from one to the other.
>
> As far as I could tell it was just for people without the intelligence to
> set up their computer to boot from a CD before the hard drive. Someone that
> was so used to Windows Autorun they didn't have a clue how else to do it.
>
> --
> "A good moral character is the first essential in a man." George Washington

Chaitanya Parekh
Enjay - Bhilad