Wubu and minimal cd

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri May 27 09:21:29 UTC 2011

On 27 May 2011 10:18, Amedee Van Gasse <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> The Wubi guide states that any other image is unsupported, but how should
> I interpret that?
> A: We are 100% sure that it won't work and you will surely break stuff if
> you try it anyway.

I believe this is the case. The Live CD has an entirely different
architecture than the minimal, server & alternate CDs. Wubi relies on
sparking up the graphical Ubuntu installer to do the installation.

The alternative is to install the desktop version then strip it down,
or install in a VM, or shrink your windows partition a bit and don't
use wubi.

Wubi has a very specific target, I don't think your requirements match that.

Al.