Wubu and minimal cd

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Fri May 27 09:18:09 UTC 2011

I have this laptop with Windows on it, and I would like to install Ubuntu
on it, using Wubi. I have zero experience with Wubi. According to the
WubiGuide (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide) I need the desktop cd. The
thing is, I don't want a full desktop. I just want a barebones
installation, as described on http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/minimal and
I need a minimal cd to do that.

The Wubi guide states that any other image is unsupported, but how should
I interpret that?
A: We are 100% sure that it won't work and you will surely break stuff if
you try it anyway.
B: We only tested it with the desktop cd because of time constraints, it
may work with another image, but you're on your own if it blows up in your
face.

Anything I found concerning Wubi and alternate cd dates from 2008 or
earlier, from the time when Wubi was not yet an official part of Ubuntu.

Any comments before I try this?

Amedee