problem installing 10.04 LTS partitioning for RAID

william drescher william at TechServSys.com
Tue May 24 15:26:07 UTC 2011

On 5/24/2011 6:55 AM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 1:47 PM, william drescher
> <william at techservsys.com>  wrote:
>> As I was installing 10.04 I think I made an error in setting up RAID.  The
>> system froze.  I tried to reinstall, but when it gets to Starting Partition
>> manager, it stops at 39% and freezes.
>>
>> I have successfully and correctly partitioned the drives, but can not go on
>> from here.
>>
>> Suggestions please.
>

> In the partition settings, in manual mode, try creating a new partition table.
>
> An alternative is to boot into live-cd, run fdisk, press o to create a
> new dos partition table, press w  to write the partition table and
> quit, and restart the system.

Nocolas and Ioannis

I burned a cd from the .iso image (32 bit) and when I boot it I
am asked for language and then given choices, none of which allow
me a command line.

I can not repartition in manual mode as the partition manager
does not start (freezes at 39 % loaded).

Alt + F2 does nothing at the menu screen.

bill