problem installing 10.04 LTS partitioning for RAID

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Tue May 24 10:55:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 1:47 PM, william drescher
<william at techservsys.com> wrote:
> As I was installing 10.04 I think I made an error in setting up RAID.  The
> system froze.  I tried to reinstall, but when it gets to Starting Partition
> manager, it stops at 39% and freezes.
>
> I have successfully and correctly partitioned the drives, but can not go on
> from here.
>
> Suggestions please.

In the partition settings, in manual mode, try creating a new partition table.

An alternative is to boot into live-cd, run fdisk, press o to create a
new dos partition table, press w  to write the partition table and
quit, and restart the system.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net