ppa directory disappeared

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 17:37:59 UTC 2011

On 05/10/2011 06:14 AM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
> On 10/05/11 14:09, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>> It's absolutely up to the author what versions of Ubuntu he/she supports
>> when it comes to PPA.  They are not confined to the support requirements
>> of Canonical.
>>
>> Sometimes it just happens that they accidentally do it though.  There
>> have been times I've emailed and asked an author why such is such and
>> they admit it was a mistake and fix it pretty quickly so I would
>> certainly suggest (again) you contact him/her and see if it was intended
>> or accidental.
>>
> Nils & Jordan,
> Thanks for the reply. I now see that it is on;y the gnokii packages that
> are discontinued for AMD-64. However, I have a nokia phone and use that
> package daily so I will follow the suggestion of Jordan and mail the author.
> Thanks a lot,
> Joep

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnokii
0.6.28 is still avaliable for lucid from the standard repos.
More ppa's here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?name_filter=gnokii
but I wouldn't recommend playing with those unless you know/trust the
author.

You might also want to ask on the gnokii mailing list:
http://www.gnokii.org/support.shtml

Given that you use Thunderbird, just use
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii