[SOLVED][UPDATE] Firefox 4 strange dialogs

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sun May 8 12:31:42 UTC 2011

NoOp wrote:
> On 05/07/2011 07:02 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
>> I was grasping at straws.  I went looking again ( I wish I could google
>> better) and found the answer. Open about:config and set
>> prompts.tab_modal.enabled to false. This gets you the old style dialog.
>>
>> NoOp: Did you have this changed already? Your screen shot sure shows the
>> old style;
>
> Forgot to ask:
> As opposed to what style - this?
> http://puu.sh/1Qd3

Yes.  That's what I see on 4 different OS's here and my daughter also
sees it on Vista.  I was refreshing my memory of javascript and when
ever I ran anything like alert("some text") that's what I saw.

> If that's the new style (which I can't seem to find documented anywhere)
> then I'll happily keep with the 'old style'.

Exactly why I started looking for an answer.  I'm not a good enough
googler to find anything official but here is where I got my info

http://www.derekallard.com/blog/post/firefox-4-alert-boxes/

Sorry, should have given this link the first time.

> prompts.tab_modal.enabled;true
>
> Changing to false makes no difference at all - for me&  the result is
> the same as:
> http://imageshack.us/f/192/screenshot10z.png/

Regards, Jim