Unity ROCKS!!!

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri May 6 06:15:38 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 12:48 AM, Goh Lip wrote:
> Yes, again I think you're right on the configuring part to nvidia, even
> if I did not install nvidia-current which I normally do to a hard disk
> installation. I installed some other ubuntu based (E17 enlightenment)
> distro to my thumb and I also don't install any proprietary driver and
> this works everywhere. That's why I mentioned this on the list. So yes,
> I think there may be some config issues if you move the HDD around.

Perhaps the reason is the kernel 2.6.38.
http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Kernel-Log-Coming-in-2-6-38-Part-1-Graphics-1176900.html

Not being kernel-knowledgeable, it is only a guess. But that may explain
why my other thumb OS (E17) which uses older kernel does not have this
issue. Thought I added in this thought.

But on balance, the 'graphics ability' of this new kernel has merits.

Regards - Goh Lip