Mint 10 package manager

David Musgrave davline52 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 22:51:38 UTC 2011

After failing to get Ubuntu 11.04 installation to complete my wireless
connection I have reverted to Mint 10 and after deciding to upgrade to
the Mint DVD version the package manager stopped working

 E: Type '“deb' is not known on line 10 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I can reinstall Mint if all else fails! but hope to upgrade to Mint 11
when available shortly.

Thanks
David