Searching for bugs in launchpad

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue May 3 20:54:57 UTC 2011

If I search for a bug in [1] using the search string
new instance of application
then bug 768006 [2] is found, amongst others.  This is a unity-2d bug.
 However I am surprised to note that if I use the search string
unity-2d new instance of application
Then that bug is not found.  Presumably the 'Affects' field is not
included in the search, which seems surprising to me.
Are others surprised, or is there a good reason?

Further if I search for
super shift new instance of application
then again it is not found.  I would have expected chevrons to be
allowed as word separators in the search.  In fact searching for
a way to find that string or its components.

Can anyone suggest how I can improve my launchpad searching techniques?

Colin

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-2d/+bug/768006