Will DDR3 memory freeze 10.04?

Preston Hagar prestonh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:12:58 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Pete <psmouty at live.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am by no means an expert but a similar thing happened to me a while back,
> and it turned out to be the first signs of my motherboard deciding to die!
> (which it did fully about a month later!)
> All of my investigation turned up nothing, but having replaced the mobo all
> has been well since so I put it down to that.
>
> Just my two pence (cents.....etc)
>
> Good luck
>
> Pete

Thanks for the heads up.  In my case though, switching to a different
NVIDIA driver version and making my left monitor primary has stopped
the freezes.  I haven't had it freeze once since I did that and it was
freezing daily, so I am pretty certain it was a software bug.  Like I
said as well, I could still ssh into my machine, kill X and everything
would work fine.

>From the OPs follow up email though, that doesn't seem to be their
case, so I would lean more towards a hardware failure.

Preston