installer does not find a network - but a live system does ... wtf?

Andi Meier andimeier at gmx.net
Tue Mar 15 21:17:56 UTC 2011

Hi NoOp,

thanks for the links! Anyway, although this is interesting stuff, I don't think this can help me with my particular problem. In my other
post (15.03.2011 20:49) I described that one time the command "ifup etho0" is not able to connect to the network and the next time (a few
seconds later) it is.

AFAICS there is some "special" problem I'm facing which does not seem to be described in any document/forum I have searched so far -
including the (interesting) pages you have pointed me to.

My latest guess is a hardware issue, but I would really love to hear what you guys out there think. Maybe I'm missing something?

Cheers,
Andi